NAmagp100 Magnetic total RNA extraction kit
DNA-free (removal without the use of enzymes)
Storage condition: room temperature
Characteristics of greener alternative products
Safer Chemical Design
Learn more about the principles of green chemistry.
Application(s): RT-PCR: adequate
Alternative greener category: Aligned
Sent in: environment
Sigma’s GenElute ™ Total RNA Purification Kit provides a rapid method for the isolation and purification of total RNA from cultured animal cells, tissue samples, blood, plasma, serum, bacteria, yeast, fungi, plants, and viruses. The kit purifies all sizes of RNA, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA).
RNA is preferably purified from other cellular components such as proteins, without the use of phenol or chloroform. The purified RNA is of the highest integrity and can be used in a number of downstream applications, including real-time PCR, reverse transcription PCR, Northern blotting, RNase protection and primer extension, and expression matrix assays.
- Isolate true total RNA, including siRNA and microRNA
- Quickly removes contaminating genomic DNA without the use of enzymes
- No phenol or chloroform extractions
- Purify high-quality RNA in 20 minutes
- Extract RNA from a single cell
- Isolate from a wide variety of specimens
The GenElute ™ Total RNA Purification Kit is used for total RNA extraction:
- From whole blood samples in the detection of hepatitis C virus using a reverse transcriptase-polymerase spiral reaction (RT-PSR) system.
- From an overnight culture of bacterial strains in TSB, medium to determine the effects of curcumin and silymarin on virulence and carbapenemase genes among multidrug-resistant Escherichia coli clinical isolates.
The GenElute ™ Total RNA Purification Kit has been used to:
- Real-time quantitative RT-PCR for both large and small mRNA, including miRNA
- RT-PCR for both large mRNA and small RNA, including miRNA
- Expression profiles
- Next-Generation Sequencing for RNA and miRNA
- plasma miRNA for discovery
- microRNA cloning and amplification
- PCR-based virus detection
- Detection of viable bacteria based on PCR
- North transfer
- RNase protection
- Primer extension
- miRNA array
- Drops / digital PCR
- Isolate total RNA from Rat Kidney Tissues
Features and Benefits
- Phenol Free – Chloroform Extractions – Total RNA is isolated without the use of harmful chemicals such as phenol or chloroform
- Isolate total RNA from Very Small Samples – Total RNA has been isolated and detected in just a single animal cell.
- Extremely Efficient Isolation of Low Abundance MicroRNA – The GenElute Total RNA Purification Kit has been shown to be extremely efficient at recovering low abundance microRNA from plasma samples.
- Isolate a variety of RNA species – All RNA species can be isolated, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA to microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA)
- Quick and easy processing – Rapid spin-column format allows the processing of 10 samples in 20 minutes
- Isolate total RNA from a broad input source: Total RNA has been isolated from cultured animal cells, small tissue samples, LCM samples, bacteria, yeast, fungi, plants, viruses, and various body fluids, including blood, plasma, serum, saliva, nasal or throat swabs
- No carrier RNA needed – isolate all sizes of RNA without the use of carrier RNA
- Multiple Kit Sizes Available – This kit is available in 50 prep and 100 prep sizes
Definition of unit: Preparations
We are committed to providing you with greener alternative products that adhere to one or more of the 12 principles of greener chemistry. This product has inherently safer chemistry, compared to the standard use of phenol and chloroform to perform DNA extractions.
GenElute is a trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC